It's a type of compound with integreted, light source
It has 3 objective lens of different resolving power
Witz this Microscope different filters are provided by which we control the light intensity
It's resolving power higher than compound Microscope
In it we can observe Micro structure with out any enternal light source
It provide's different levels of adustment
It needs power supply
Laminar air flow
1. Laminar air flow is on important instrument of Mirobiology Lab it provides sterile area to perform experiments.
2. Laminar air flow consist three Main parts.
-Ultra Violet Leght
-HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter.
3. Ultra violet light kill all the Micro organisons which can cause contamination in our practical.
4. We have to put in light on prior 30 Min. of performing practical.
5. After this 30 Min. We open the lid of LAF & put the air blow on.
6. Air from blower comes through the HEPA filter and remove all the
contaminants out side.
7. After cleaning the surface of LAF with alcohol. It is ready to use.
Incubator is on equipment that consists a steel chamber.
The temperature of the incubator is kept constant by thermostate control.
Incubator is operated for growing on organism in a suitable medium at proper temperature.
The incubator is used to Maintain different temp. required for growth of different organisms in bacteriological lab.
In an incubator the variation of temperature not more than 20C.
Distillation Unit is use to distilled the water.
It consists an inlet port, an outlet port, overflow pipe line and a coil.
When we supply power the coil get heated and water get vaporized and the vapour collected in a column & condensed.
Distilled water canes from outled port.
It is an effective method of sterilization beacause vapour has high penetration power. Which kills microbial cells more readily than dry heat.
Autoclave is a cylindrical vessel having double. Wall around all part except the lid.
In autoclave water are fill which boils at 100 c and vapour is increased due to closed system.
It provides temp. 121 c at the pressure 15 psi.
At this temperature & pressure all media, broth, contaminated media, Apron, Gloves, Glassware's get sterilized in 30 min.
It is an effective method of sterilization because Vapour has high penetration power. Which kills microbial cells more readily than dry heat.
1. We have a six chambered water bath.
2. The plate bath is an instrument provide a higher temperature.
3. It has a thermostat by which can use a constant temperature.
4. By using wales bath we can incubate or heat the substance at a constant temperature for given time.
Hot Plate and Magnetic Stirr
1. Hot plate is an Iron plate containing a coil.
2. Operated Electrically
3. On hot plate we can heat our substance.
4. Maganetic Stirr is use to stirr any solution.
5. When we place flask containing solution on on Magnetic plate & leave the Magnetic stirr in the solution.
6. When we put power supply on stirr rotate and solution start stirring.
1. Colony counter is a digital instrument by which we can count facterial colonies grown on media plate.
2. Colony counter consist a light source, a Magnifying glass and a sensor tip pen.
3. When we place our petri plate at a given area which is sectored.
4. By using pen we can count the cells with each touch cell we counted which is display on screen.
5. In different sector cell are sectorized and its essy to count.
Spectro Photo Metry
Spectro Photo Meter is a much more refined version of a coloutimeter.
In the specto photo meter a prism or grating is used to split the incident beams into different wavelength.
The spectro photo meter is useful for measuring the adsorption spectrum of a compound.
It has a following parts:-
It is an electrical machine.
Here colour intensity is measured in terms of light absorbed.
The essential parts of the instrument are:-
A soure of light
A means of selecting sufficiently narrow wave band in most instruments filters are used for this purpose.
Cells to hold coloured solution eg � Cuvettes.
Photo sensitive elements
Galvano meter which is calibrated both in terms of percentage transmission and optical density.
1. A Centrifuge is an instrument which produce Contrifugal force.
2. Centrifugal means flecing a centre.
3. The speed is measured in terms of Resolution per minute (RPM). It can be read from the dial at the top usually speed range is set up in between 5000 � 6000 RPM.
4. This Instrument is widely used in the Microbiological lab for the seperation of cell debris and various other substances from a liquid material.
5. It is used for removing blood corpuseles from the plasma.
6. Removing sediment from urine.
7. Removing Bacteria from suspension.
Hot Air Oven
It is a Dry Heat Sterilizer.
Here sterilization is done by the application dry heat. It kills the organisms by Oxidizing their chemical Constituents.
It is a electrical double walled machine used for sterilization of glass wares Metal Instrument and several oils which can't Sterilized glass wares.
It is a Cupboard like chamber with storage facility for wide variety of materia.
The cooling is done by freon gas and it is Circulated in the chamber by a Compressor.
Normally the temprature is within the range of 2 � 80 c.
It is used for routine presentation of lab culture.
It is also used for storage of vaccinc, Sera, blood plasma & media etc.
It is used for the measurement of PH.
It consist of an electrode pair which is sensitive to ion concentration.
This pair is a glass electrode (Indicator electrode) and calomel electrode (Reference electrode).
The electro motive force (e.m.f...) developed between the two electrode will depend upon the Concentration of ions and hence is the indirect measure of the pH.
1. It is a electrical machine which is widely used in pathology.
2. It is easy to operate, accurable & give Stable result.
3. User can edit sample ID/ Patient name.
4. Automaticuly defects the test strips.
5. Can be connected with external bar code reader & urine sediment analyser,
6. Test throughput : 120 test/ lour.
7. Memory : 100 patient Result & 50 QC Result.
Advantages of using Cell Counter:-
No Slide distribution error.
Eleminate statistical variation � associated with manual count based on high Number of Cell counted.
Many parameters � Not available from a manual count exa- mcv, RDW.
Most efficient and effection then menual method.
Cell counter can process 120-150 sample/ hr
Automated Cell counters can provide.
WBC, RBC, Hgb, Hct, 10CT, RBC, Indices - WBC Differential 5" Normal white cell type"
RDW, PDW, MPV
Nucleated Red cell count.
RBC and platelet count.
Saifee Golden Jubilee Quaderia College is one of the oldest institutions in Burhanpur city, situated in the bank of river Tapti. The college is run under the auspices of Dr. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin Saheb (T.U.S.)
S.G.J.Quaderia College of Science, Home Science, Arts and commerce is the first science college of Burhanpur established in 1962 with the benign benedictions of His Holiness Dr. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin Saheb (T.U.S.).